Transporting Stranded Motorists by Police

A: Somebody that’s having trouble with their car (something like a flat tire or running out of gas) can get a ride from a cop to get help.

B: Somebody whose car got destroyed in an accident can get brought back with a cop, if there isn’t anybody else who can give them a ride.

C: In both of these kind of cases, it’s up to the cop to decide how far they actually want to drive to get the person back home.

Officer and Motorist Safety

A cop who’s on regular patrol that sees somebody with their hood up or any other kind of reason to think that their car may be messed up should stop and see if they can help out at all.

B: If the driver is a woman, a senior citizen, and it’s daytime, the cop should check if they need help, and if they do, should stay with them until they’re finished or the cop gets a call. Once they finish with that call they should check back with the person to see if they finished up.

C: If it’s night time and the cop finds somebody who’s stranded, they should check if they need help, and if they do, bring them to a safe place. Depending on the situation, the cop can ask for another unit, try to move the car out of traffic, and if the car is somewhere really dangerous, like a bridge, they can call the fire department to block off the area. When they’re waiting for the fire department, they should stay near the car but not too close to actual traffic.

D: As soon as they get a request to help with this kind of situation, the cop should call a road service facility, and if they can’t get in touch with one, they can send another cop to help out.

The Attorneys
  • Francisco Hernandez
  • Daniel Hernandez
  • Phillip Hall
  • Rocio Martinez